Friday, October 4, 2013

The Tell The Truth Generation

If I could categorize the generation that I grew up in, I would call it
"The Tell The Truth" Generation. 


~.~

This generation did not lie to you.
They also did not spare you any feelings of uncomfortableness. 

If you could NOT sing, they told you.
If you had no rhythm, they told you.
If you were not particularly good at an academic subject, they told you.

AND it was NOT called "bullying" or "emotional abuse"
People recognize it as TRUTH.

~.~

But my generation also 
STEERED you in the direction of your gifts.
They CHEERED you for following your dreams.
They ENCOURAGED & URGED  you to strengthen your weak areas.

~.~

My generation did not do us a disservice by leaving us with 
a false sense of entitlement
a false sense of accomplishment
a false sense of exceptionalism
especially WHERE THERE WAS NONE.

~.~

My generation would NOT
let you dishonor your body
let you disrespect your parents
let you embarrass yourself on any national platform
even if they had to come yank you off stage
and save you from yourself. 

Yes.

~.~
I Believe that SUCH a generation 
can exist ONCE AGAIN.
And I for one have my Poms Poms Out
Rooting For Them 
To RISE UP 
&
Take Back Their Generation 
by 
TELLING THE TRUTH
& shaming the devil!

Be GREAT!
You are the Next generation NOW.




No comments:

Post a Comment